damn right that's my living room window!

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

gloomy gloom gloom...

Where's all this crappy weather coming from? I swear every year I live here it gets weirder and weirder....One day 75 sunny and mild fall day to 35 and rain/sleet/apocolypse for a week. We've had sunshine off and on today but the clouds are being bossy and making it impossible for me to take pictures of anything current I'm working on....that and it sounds like world war 9 outside...the wind is howling for sure!

Currently I've been plugging away on dishcloths and have found a crochet potholder that holy cannoli is great! (Where has it been all my life?!) You make a foundation chain and then single crochet around and around until it somehow through voodoo origami it makes a square. voodoo....just voodoo...

Today was a day of cooking and baking and crafting as we stayed in doors. I made a wonderful loaf of bread that the husbeast was drooling over before he left for work telling both fuzzle and me not to eat it all or we'd be in trouble...heh...
I'm in shock how my house has just converted to homemade bread so easily. I thought we would have to keep buying to suppliment when I just wasn't up for baking a loaf or two but that hasn't been the case. It's been wonderful! Less bread eating period/and no goopy, cheap white bread. When we do eat bread I take comfort in the fact that I've made it with my own two hands and I know whats in it. It feels wonderful. And hey....getting a toddler to eat wheat bread she helped to knead/slap around is a bonus too. I'm thinking of starting another bread starter since I'm home and have the time and means now to do it. We won't talk about how I forgot about the other one and it started creepily creeping about the fridge and we ended up naming it steve....

and with that my friends that don't exist I'm tapped out and am going to go watch some cooking channel and work on my vooooooodoooo..... (creepy? no? damn...)



P.S. potty training....as in "big girl potty" complete with toilet ring = very gross....just saying...

vooooodoooo.........

No comments:

Post a Comment