damn right that's my living room window!

Monday, October 8, 2012

all the time in the world....is not as much as you think it is....

One of the things I've found being a stay at home mom is I have more than enough time. Saying that...I find there's not enough time to do anything but clean, cook, and spend time with my little fuzzle so she doesn't tear down the house.

Occasionally I have days where I've caught up on everything and I can enjoy my time, fuzzle time, and sometimes something extra like a game or sewing. More often then not though...I divide all that "time" into 10-15 minute intervals as I'm doing other things, so I feel rushed, and flustered and forget about the extra things I'd like to fit in and just go with the day. One of those extra things is hanging with friends or hanging with the knit group. I feel horrible that I don't have the "extra time" for things like that. I know that one of the things in life I need to work on is making that time.

I've been doing a lot of thinking about the priorities in my life and a couple of events have led me to where I am right now. I appreciate everyone who has talked and walked along with me these past couple of months through it all...without them I couldn't...and wouldn't be able to deal and move on from things. Thank you.

As anyone who actually reads this blog can see I have my computer back. Thanks to my dad and some ingenuity from hubby and myself we got it up and running again!

Expect some long winded posts sooner or later. I'm going to try my best to throw myself at this to make it a weekly thing. I need to hold myself up to something long term to get myself in a better crafting and life living state. Bear with me guys....It's not going to be all Freudian and weird...lol...but I can say that it will be a wild ride sometimes...mostly for me.

The Fuzzle is growing by leaps and bounds and I'm so proud of her and can't wait to see what she's going to do everyday. 3 is a big year....at least around here it is. I'm just floored my little one has learned so much and is doing so many things. It makes me wonder who she gets it from...lol and no not the mailman....



Crafting has been very interesting this year...I feel I've grown quite a bit in more than one area.
The Rona Lace shawl was done and blocked. Although I didn't get it into the fair, I feel it was this year's biggest accomplishment so far. I recently finished a few shawls, cowls, hats, and other small projects.
I'm on a dishcloth kick right now, and I'm planning to make some washcloths for a friends upcoming baby.
One of the things I've done recently as well, was organize a craft space for myself. I've gotten the stash under control and purged stuff I've been holding onto that I know I'm neither going to use or have a use for.
This in itself feels wonderful!
I've also organized my craft supplies, patterns, sewing and quilting stuff, and tamed the beast that was my ravelry account. Now, I know which patterns I can feasibly do and have yarn for. They're organized under tabs so I can find things and actually knit from my queue! What a concept! I've even finished up and started some sewing projects that have been languishing. As well as all the mending that has been so badly needed. I had my father-in-law's shirt buttons picked out forever and finally put them on last night....after a year....yea I know....

Spinning is happening. Just not as much as I'd like.

So all in all, I've had time...but not really....I feel like this year has been a blur in more than one way.
As much as I claim to get done I don't. Or at least it doesn't feel like I do...and I'm going to make sure I make that "time" everyone including myself, is always looking for....

good night for now friends....





No comments:

Post a Comment